Music Education Resources
Tips to Make Gathering and Storing Music Education Resources for Lesson Planning Easier and Less Time Consuming
Lesson Prep Getting You Down?
Gathering music education resources and preparing lessons for your classes can be overwhelming and time-consuming, especially at the beginning of a new school year! By the time the first day of school rolls around, many teachers are already feeling exhausted and are counting down to the next holiday break.
You feel you need 34, not 24 hours in every day, and you’re wondering how on earth you’re going to get everything done! Can you relate?
Your goal is to be prepared, not overwhelmed, right!
The answer is you need to work smarter, not harder!
Here are three tips plus links to music education resources to make lesson planning easier and less time consuming:
- Spending 10-20 minutes locating resources a couple of days a week during your break will save you hours and lower your stress level! Create a Pinterest board and save lesson ideas and resources to your board
- Keep a spreadsheet of the resources you use to teach different musical concepts. Record the concept, resource name and location. As you find each new resource, add it to the spreadsheet! This alone saves a great deal of time when planning.
- Keep an electronic version of all your lesson plans and the links to the resources used if necessary!
Online Music Education Resources
Where to Start…. ? Here is a helping hand!
- The MTR PINTEREST boards with nearly 16,000 pins are an excellent place to search for ideas and resources, which you can then save to your PINTEREST boards!
- I have created a one-page Music Resources Locator with clickable links to MTR created resources to save you even more time! It’s a free download that you can keep handy in your files.
Categories on the Music Education Resource Locator include:
GAMES and PUZZLES
MUSIC CLASSROOM DÉCOR
PETER and the WOLF
AND MANY MORE!
You can download and save your copy of the one page Music Resource Locator containing all the categories and links HERE.
Remember, work smarter, not harder!
If you would like access to more teaching content, subscribe to the MTR Music Teachers Membership HERE.
Sign up to receive the monthly MTR newsletter and gain exclusive access to the
FREE Resource Library for music teachers!